Caring For Your Hair Extensions
Wash & Condition (if needed)
Air Dry (on hanger)
Avoid cutting the wefts as this could cause shedding
After Install Nightly routine
Use satin bonnet/silk scarf at night before bed
Satin pillow cases ( not required)
Twisting hair, braiding, pin curling, flexi rods (for curly/wavy) are great protective style alternatives.
Wrap hair at night for straight sleek hairstyles to preserve styles for in the morning
• Shampoo & condition bi weekly with hydrating shampoo (Design Essentials, Kera Care, Dove hydrating, or Creme of nature) for softness & manageability.
• Invest in a great leave in conditioner. ( Deva Curl, Pravana, Jane Carter Mist, or Kera Care Leave in)
•We reccommend you visit your salon regularly to have your hair and extensions cleansed, especially when wearing microlinks or sew-in. It is critical that your hair extensions are properly cleansed and dried under hood dryer.
• Hair extensions should never be handled rigorously and should always be shampooed in a downward position.
• Keep styling products to a minimum to prevent weighing down of hair.
• Use deep condition treatments to maintain smooth and luscious texture. Once a month.
• Use of thermal heat protectants work well with longevity, use a dime size before blow dry or flat ironing.
All of our hair textures straighten easily. Notice that all our textures returns to its original wave or curl pattern after every shampoo and condition.
• To avoid frizz allow hair to naturally air dry or dry under a medium heat hood dryer. Seal with "John Frieda Frizz Free."
• Use a SL Raw paddle brush to detangle on wet hair. Best detangling is done when wet, combing hair while dry can cause snagging and shedding. Brush daily then braid or twist before bed.
• For fun vacation hair! Use curl defining products on to wet hair (Paul Mitchell foam sculpt, Kinky Knot Today, or Jane Carter "Condition & Scult) mix these products with a dab of oil to maintain softness .
- With proper hair care practice your human hair extensions should last you 1 year or 2 years with proper care